Thursday, May 5, 2011

Chophouse

Where can you go for a decent steak in Sydney? - One place I tend to avoid is Darling Harbour, a stereotypical tourist trap.

Where I do go though is off the beaten track, Chophouse on Bligh Street. Personally I like to sit outside under the trees and watch out over the buildings down the hill as darkness falls - the buildings are arranged in a very comic-book fashion, all stacked neatly one behind the other.

The inside area is very neat too, with hints of abatoir in a rustic setting. But that's not why you come here - that would be for a steak, or ribs, or the like. And for that, I'll give them a 9/10 for the efforts they've made on my numerous visits.

If only the restaurant in Hamilton of the same name where as good!

Chophouse - Sydney NSW, March 2011

Bligh Street, Sydney, NSW, March 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment