Friday, April 29, 2011

Emissions Cafe

So, I'm in Canberra - why?, because a client flew me (from New Zealand) here to present a one day training seminar. Could it have been presented by a local? Definately. Who was the client - the Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency - just a wee bit ironic if you ask me.

I won't dwell on that though. While there I visited the Emissions Cafe on the ground floor several times (mmm coffee). The first thing you notice is that this is definately a cafe for the local workers. You see office workers and people in uniform from the surrounding buildings.

The coffee was OK, and the bagel slightly better (6/10), but, the system of calling out your name when your order is ready clearly does not work. If you go there, and have a common name, make a name up and use that instead. My bagel made it to the neighbouring building before a policeman of the same name as me realised he had not ordered a bagel.

An alright cafe if you're in the area, but don't look it up specifically.

Emissions Cafe - Civic, Canberra

No comments:

Post a Comment