Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ottoman Cuisine

Naming a restaurant after a style of food is something I'd not be inclined to do. However, Ottoman Cuisine in both Sydney and Canberra lives up to it's eponymous style.

I have dined at the Sydney restaurant at Walsh bay many times, and yesterday visited the 'original' Ottoman cuisine in Barton, Canberra.

Needless to say, I was impressed again by their food. Almost as much as I was impressed by the fact they had to start a second wall for their awards as they ran out of space on their first (there are almost 20 consecutive years of Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide plates for example).

The chef/owner Serif Kaya has certainly done a good job, both restaurants are immaculate in terms of both venue and staff, and the food is undescribably good - certainely not something you can even remotely compare to the average Turkish restaurant, let alone kebab shop. In particular there is something about that wonderful fluffy pide.

I'd easy rate last night's meal of mantar, kofte and pide with a 10/10. These restaurants definately qualify among my all time favourites. Particularly with the views from Walsh bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment