Sunday, March 20, 2011

Brunch is the most difficult of meals to procure... but it can be done

The problem with breakfast (or should I say brunch in a lazy weekend context) is that there really isn't the diversity that I'd like there to be.

It seems far to many people are happy with some sort of variation on the traditional English breakfast, that is, one based around bacon, eggs and bread.

Now, I have no problem with that, (unless the holandaise sauce on eggs benedict comes from a cash and carry), but, it gets boring real quick.

So this morning I went in search of something a little bit different, and settled on Toast in Surrey Hills (no, not toast to eat, but a cafe named Toast, on Resevoir Street). What I actually ate was a Morrocan Breakfast (flat bread, pouched eggs, hummus, dukkah, garlic coriander spuds, and I added haloumi).
Toast Cafe, Surrey Hills, NSW
It goes without saying that it was a very good breakfast, and my long Macciato came out exactly as I wanted it to be too (there seems to be some confusion amoungst barristas as to what a Macciato actually is some days - but these guys know!).

While today has been the first time I've been there, for my brekky today, I couldn't fault them one bit. It hit the spot, was sufficiently out of the norm, and well spiced. The coffee was perfect, the cafe immaculate, and the staff prompt and friendly. 10/10. www.toastcafe.com.au

Toast Cafe, Resevior St, Surrey Hills, NSW - 20 March 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment