Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Freakonomics The Movie

What do you do on planes? For me, it's one of two things. Read a book, or, watch a movie. I did the prior when I came to Brisbane the other day, and the later last night on the flight to Sydney. Qantas hasn't seen fit to add in-seat entertainment to it's domestic fleet sadly.
On the way from Auckland I watched two movies, one of which was a little bit of a disappointment - Freakonomics. Now, don't get me wrong - I like Levitt and Dubner's work and own copies of both Freakonomics and Superfreakonomics and they sit at home on my bookshelf.

The problem is, that you cannot easily convert a chapter of book into a 10 minute doco snippet - you either lose too much information and make it boring, or present too much information and it's not that good either...

Overall, I'd give the movie maybe a 6/10 - it's not bad, but if you've read the books, don't bother as the content is more or less the same.

Freakonomics Movie

No comments:

Post a Comment