Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Cyprus Tree

I pride myself on having been to most Hamilton restuarants, and being able to give a run down on what's hot, and what's not. Having said that, there are always a few places I haven't been before. Tonight's example, the Cyprus Tree in Hamilton East.

The last time I was here was when this building housed Zigilini's, which I remember well as I used to go there as a student as the laundromat was next door.

The Cyprus Tree, Hamilton East - 2011
The Cyprus Tree offers quite authentic Italian food, with great diversity in the menu items available. My choices, a garlic bread with pear and blue cheese (really good, but way too big), and, Bistecca - Scotch Fillet on a bed of mushroom and blue cheese risotto, rocket, and topped with caramelised onions.


The Cyprus Tree, Hamilton East - 2011
The risotto was to kill for (I'm pretty sure there was truffle oil in there), and the steak prepared exactly as I'd hoped for. 9/10 for that meal - I'll happily return many times to this restuarant.

No comments:

Post a Comment