Sunday, March 13, 2011

I like Green Eggs and Salmon, Sam I'm not! (Little Larder, Brisbane)

So I had three lots of breakfast today - a bit of a strange thing you might think - but there is a reason. I was picked up at 3am NZDT this morning and dropped at Auckland Airport, where I had breakfast no 1, at the Downunder Cafe. The yoghurt fruit and muesli was fine, and the coffee good-awful.

From there, I boarded a plane (as you do at an airport), in this case, a Qantas 737-800, "Mansfield", and it took me to Australia. In the meantime, the friendly cabin crew served a second "breakfast". I opted for the continental breakfast (cooked breakfasts are awful when they were prepared days ago), which comprised of more yoghurt, and more muesli, and a cup of over-brewed tea. Not too bad though, as I could water the tea down with the milk intended for my muesli.

At 7:30 EST, I landed in Brisbane, and made it through the airport in record time (9 minutes gate to taxi), and promptly checked into my hotel.

Only one thing to do after all that: have another lot of breakfast. But not another mediocre breakfast - I wanted something good. So I set off on foot, and wandered to the other side of the city, through the botanic gardens, past the eagle street pier, under Story bridge, and around to New Farm.

New Farm of course has neat little cafe that I like, the Little Larder. When I arrived, the place was packed, and around 15 people were waiting outside (as opposed to when I left and took the pic, when a mere 5 people were waiting).


Not a problem though, a quiet word with a waitress, and I skipped the queue! Within a few minutes I had in my hands an excellent Long Macchiato, and soon thereafter, green eggs and salmon... tasty it was.



I'd heartily recommend this place for a weekend breakfast - for today's effort, I'll give them 10/10. In fact, in the several times I've been here - I've never been able to fault there service nor food, putting many other cafes to shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment